- People’s Choice Show & Shine
- Quarter-Mile Racing
- Vendor Alley
- Hennessey Shop Tours
- Kids Zone
- Food Truck Food Court
We were able to improve on the Autocross portion of the race day and provide a more challenging circuit than last year. We improved on the kids zone and concessions by offering a “food court” of Houston gourmet Food Trucks. This was a huge hit with the attendees.
The Quarter-Mile race program had the fastest time of the day with a sub 11 second (10.80) run by a heavily modified Challenger. It was a great finale to a day Where Appearance and Performance Converge.
Lone Star Mopar Fest attracts the enthusiast owner on a grass roots level. We rely on word-of-mouth, social, and individual clubs to spread the word about the event. This year we had attendees from OUTSIDE Texas representing Oklahoma, Ohio, Maryland, North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida, and Georgia. We connected with those people and planted seed for expanding their delegations for 2013.
In addition to the grassroots enthusiasts who attended, we had representatives from Mopar Muscle/Mopar Now Magazine and AutoWeek America Adventure who drove new Dodge Charger SRTs to the event. They talked with many attendees and snapped many photos.
Our greatest joy was to drive/walk around and tons of smiling faces and hear the comments of all the attendees.
- I’ve never seen anything like this before.
- I’m going to star working on my car, what I’ve seen here is incredible.
- My family had no idea that a car event could be so fun.
- This makes me proud to be a member of Space City LX.
- We are going to be talking about this unitl 2013.
- I didn’t know how you could improve on last year, but you did. Can’t wait to see what you do next year.
- My wife drug me out today and I’m glad she did.
- The planning, organization, and support from all the volunteers really shows. The best event I’ve ever been too.
On behalf of the LSMF Leadership Team, the volunteers, and the 1000+ attendees, thank you to the presenting sponsor, Pennzoil Ultra, for their groundbreaking support in 2011 and continued support in 2012.
Read more about what attendees are saying... click here